Sunday, August 17, 2008

Greens, Blues and a Dixie Peach

I had to go back to Philly 2 weeks ago and had to stop by a club that I hadn't gone to in May. It is called North by Northwest and is located on Germantown Avenue in Mt. Airy. I was in for a pleasant surprise. They had a wonderful buffet for their dinner entree and I thought that I was back in Nashville. It consisted of country style ribs, collard greens, mac & cheese, mixed vegetables, catfish, fried chicken, jambalaya, salad and waffles. They had a live band with a white woman from Macon, Georgia singing the blues and she was coming correct! I knew that Mt. Airy was returning to it earlier days of diversity, but, I wasn't aware of this change. If you are in the neighborhood, stop in. The atmosphere was great and the people were gracious!
Check out this video to get a feel of North by Northwest and other businesses in Mt. Airy.

No comments: