Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Your Cheatin' Heart



I did not realize that the main reason people do not cruise is that they have a fear that the ship will sink or that the trip will be so turbulent that they will spend most of their time in the bathroom. I want to assure you that today’s cruise ships have stabilizers that take the jolt out of your trip. In fact, I never know when the ship has left the port.

You will find me somewhere onboard getting my party started! For example, I won a medal for knowing that Hank William’s wrote Your Cheatin’ Heart in response to problems that he was having with wife. Living in Music City, USA, made the answer to that trivia question a no brainer.
I know that I told you earlier that I had to leave the ship wearing my sarongs. Well, the prelude to that action was on our first evening.
We had traveled all night to get to the ship and so to relax, my girls and I went to the sauna and steam room. The steam room was also on hyper drive because it was so hot, that we could not breathe. In fact, our eyeballs were burning! The sauna was relaxing. We made it back to our room and prepared for dinner. However, a piece of my luggage did not arrive by 8 pm. I put on a sarong as a skirt and one as a shawl, found my luggage in the lobby of the information booth (the tag had fallen off) and went to dinner. I need to keep a sarong with me at all times.

No comments: