Thursday, July 10, 2008

Counting down! A dream vacation

I can’t say this too many times, but, get a passport. I am going on a Friend and Family cruise next week and since January, I have said that we will need passports for this trip! Well, my friend, I just love her to death, got spanked horribly with additional fees, because she had to go to the Philadelphia office to expedite her family's passport application.
What is going on with the passport issue? You WILL need a passport if you are flying internationally, and this includes the Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada or Mexico. If you plan on sailing from a U.S. port to the Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada or Mexico, you WILL NOT have to bring along a passport right now (maybe—Homeland Security is still tinkering with the rules). However, the cruise lines are asking that their clients have a passport, because if something happens such that one would have to enter a foreign country or have to fly internationally, you could have difficulties re-entering the country.
I'll let you know about our trip! Bon voyage!

No comments: