Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I did the Bossa Nova

When most people think of Brazil, Rio de Janiero and Carnival comes to mind. However, did you know that Brazil is one the largest geographically diverse countries, with a cosmopolitan area along with rainforests and jungles. Rio is the 2nd largest city in Brazil and is the home of the Bossa Nova, the Samba, cuisine and unique jewelry.

I was able to visit Rio last night, from the comfort of a church. I was fortunate and blessed to see and hear “Baby Consuelo” aka “Baby do Brasil” sing. “Baby” is a phenomenon in Brazil for over 20 years, and she sings several genre of music, but all forms are done enthusiastically. I was one of approximately 50 people in the room, who did not speak Portuguese, but she directed a young lady to translate for me. Have you ever had one of those experiences when you know that God is trying to tell you something and that you were led to that place at that time to hear it? Well, my love for culture led me to be in that place at that time, and for “Baby” to be there!
I would like to share a video with you. She is on a TV show in Brazil, singing a Bossa Nova song and Amazing Grace. Enjoy!

No comments: