Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm in the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection

I made it! Now, my roundtrip airplane ticket to Philly from Nashville was just $154.00 on my online website, www.yourimanitravel.com. I had go really north (Detroit) to get to the Philly, but, you have to be flexible if you want to get a discounted ticket. Things went well, I arrived in Philadelphia on time and my luggage was there. My only mishap was that I just missed the last train that would take me from the airport to Glenside, which is a suburb of Philly. I had to take another train, which meant that I had to transfer in center city, but that wasn’t really a problem. It is wonderful to be in a city that has so many mass transit choices. When I left Philly over 30 years ago, I was glad to go. There was infrastructure decay and a heavy handed police presence that was oppressive. But having to take the train, made me have to look at the city with new eyes and I was surprised and pleased. A lot of the old buildings have been renovated and streets don’t look as if a bomb has been dropped onto it. My city has grown and is gaining some of the old ambience it once had. So, I’m here and already off budget because it cost me $10.00 for the train ride! The video below gives you a historical perspective of the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey remember to bring home tasty cakes if you can manage
luv ya ,
Zuri Benion

Cheryl Robinson-Benion said...

I will make sure that I bring tasty kakes back to Nashville. They sell them in a multi pack at Wally World aka Wal-Marts